Indeed Marketing Web Modules

We art directed and implemented a robust set of agnostic modules that are being used to create all sorts of marketing web pages. This project is ongoing and requires working closely with multiple teams within Indeed as well as being super agile with many moving parts and constant changes.

Direction by Alex McAreavey, Max Sydenham, and Miles Gilbert


My role

I took initial designs provided by our agency partners and worked with various teams at Indeed to make necessary changes and build out the extensive web module system in Figma as a team library.

I also worked with Enterprise and SMB teams to mock-up and prototype their web pages with our new module system. Those pages were then tested by users and that feedback was evaluated and implemented.

In addition to building the module system and mocking up over a dozen product marketing web pages, I gave direction to other designers and worked directly on visual assets and newly requested modules.

Lastly, I worked closely with our team of developers in order to explain the nuances of each module and QA their work.


Marketing web pages at Indeed have long been created as one-offs over the years by different designers which have resulted in a fragmented overall experience. There has never been a singular, tight system before - and this is what we set out to make.


Project Goals


Make it easier for the Enterprise and SMB teams, marketers, and developers to create landing pages for products, events, and more.


Implement Indeed's new brand guidelines while finding smart ways to expand on them.


Anticipate future content needs with the design of the modules and their features.


Reflect Indeed's commitment to diversity and inclusion by prioritizing accessibility by adhering to WCAG guidelines.


We wanted to build a steadfast system, but we also made sure to leave room to build upon what we've made because we knew that our work would need to evolve over time.

There were lots of moving parts by the time I was brought into this project, so our team had to figure out a way to organize internally. So we created spreadsheets to track visual assets and other design requests.

I also shared my Figma files with key members of this project to promote transparency and it proved extremely helpful in letting everyone stay up-to-date on the latest.



We developed a system to simplify the product screens so that we could communicate the most important aspects of the product in a website setting. We developed detailed standards for the styling, backgrounds, and sizing between desktop and mobile.



Using the Figma team library I created, I was able to efficiently mock-up and prototype pages for reviews and testing. When edits were made to the modules in the team library, I was able to push those updates into the files.

To view the Figma prototypes, please view this page on a desktop device.


With a project this complex, there were bound to be curveballs and blockers. So it wasn't surprising when we received some pretty significant feedback in the middle of the production of modules and pages which complicated my team's timeline.

My team and I regrouped and devised a phased approach in order to meet the major deadlines of this project where the scope seemed to be ever-expanding.

I learned to be more agile and with the help of my producer and design manager, I was able to focus on prioritizing and strategizing.